Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I made that!

I made that beautiful girl and that dress! I've dreamed about making my girls' prom and wedding dresses since they were born. It was a little stressful because we were on a short time frame but she was good about all the fittings (I think there were 6 or more). I was stressed because not only did I want it to fit perfectly but I wanted her to love it. I think I scored on both of those.

Yes, we are saving the dress forever! No, my younger daughter will not be wearing it because. . . I will be making her her own prom dresses.

I can not imagine the wedding dresses - this was pretty darn stressful - but I WILL make them. I've always told the girls they have two choices for wedding dresses 1) I can make theirs or 2) they can wear mine. (Hope one of those works out)

JOEY

I

3 comments:

peanut said...

That dress is incredible :) She's a lucky girl to have a mum that can make a dress like that (and from what I remember from high school - you're a lucky mum to have a daughter that will let you take on the task).

Congratulations to both of you.

Tammy "SweetT" said...

What a beautiful dress and daughter!

Casey said...

this is amazing!! Wonderful dress, what a great story for your daughter!!