Thursday, November 6, 2008

For ????


McCalls 5697
Originally uploaded by joeysews
I just love this pattern from McCalls and I wanted to make this jacket for our local quilt guilds holiday fair but didn't get it finished in time. Actually, I still don't have the buttons on it either. It's a size 7 ( would probably fit up to size 10) Might send it to my niece (lucky girl) but will have to ask her mom if it's her style- you know how girls can get picky!

It is made from a sheet I thrifted at a local thrift store and here's a funny thing. It's from IKEA. We don't even have an IKEA in Colorado (but I have heard rumors of one coming to Broomfield - anyone???). It's funny how these things just seem to find me and at the right price too. I think I spent $3.

I've made two other jackets with this pattern but this time I made the flouncy sleeve version - ooh, I really like it.. I want to make more, more more. I want to try one with a lining. Hmm, will have to think about how to adjust the pattern. Ok, off to the drawing board for that one.

JOEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that pattern!