Tuesday, August 26, 2008

McCalls 5697


McCalls 5697
Originally uploaded by joeysews5
This jacket is made from brown (hello!) fleece and lining and accents with pink/brown houndstooth corduroy. The buttons are with 1 1/8" covered buttons. The pattern has four different variations and I wanted to do the variation with the flounce sleeves but didn't get enough of the brown fleece or the houndstooth. So I went with the straight long sleeves and I do love the button tab detail. Will take this to show my quilting friends and then off to my niece.

I am working on a similar jacket for myself - Actually, bought the pattern last year - but still love it. Just need to find some material and with my selections being Hobby Lobby and Walmart it's pretty slim pickins.

Hope to have it done for this winter.

No comments: