Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Does this count?



So, my new years resolution was to sew two items of clothing a month for myself. So does it count if I sewed two shirts for my daughter. Only one is pictured because it is quite the ordeal to get a picture of her. She has to want to wear the shirt that day, her hair has to be just right, she can't be getting a text, the lighting . . . .the list goes on. This shirt is made out of some voile fabric I got at Walmart for $1.50/yd. Ooh, it was tricky to work with - so thin. And the zipper in the back is kinda heavy for the material. The other shirt was made from a thrifted plaid sheet. The zipper went in so easy and it turned out really cute. Good thing I made that one first. I have about half a sheet left and am hoping to make a shirt for my other daughter. There were complaints! "how come she gets a shirt" "when did you go to the thrift store". Aww, the struggles of splitting your time with your mom or your BOYFRIEND!

1 comment:

Jennifer Drake said...

I like it. Great job.